The Christ and Creation Window has six scenes from the life of Christ, all with contemporary figures. The diversity of the modern figures represents the diversity of our Parish, the City of Wilmington, and God's creation. The stories and their Biblical references are:
Left, from top to bottom:
1) The Church gathered on the Day of Pentecost, Acts of the Apostles 2: 1-12
2) The Last Supper, Matthew 26: 17 - 29
3) The Story of the Good Samaritan, Luke 10: 29 - 73
( Note the background buildings: Trinity Church and the Chase Building )
Right, from top to bottom:
4) Jesus teaching children, youth and adults, Mark 10: 13 - 16
5) Resurrection: the women discover the empty tomb on the first Easter and meet the angel, Luke 24: 1 - 10
6) Jesus with Mary and Martha, Luke 10: 38 - 42
Behind the stories are scenes of creation: stars, planets, creatures, birds, and humans. At the top of the windows are the Creator's hands, followed by human figures climbing from infancy to old age, from birth to death. Tucked into the borders of vines and sweet pea blossoms is a tiny human fetus, another image of creation.
Globes represent the planet Earth in the foundation of the windows, captioned with familiar words from the BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER...
Look Closely to see the details in the design, and see yourself as one of the modern disciples.
( Taken from the dedication program. March 17, 2002, Trinity Church )